Our multiple disabilities support classrooms serve students affected by two or more disabling conditions, including but not limited to intellectual disability, cerebral palsy, Down syndrome, traumatic brain injury, and/or medical complexity. Through comprehensive academic instruction and related services, students with a variety of complex needs can meet their individualized goals. Programming within our Multiple Disabilities Support classrooms focuses on the following:
- Small class sizes with opportunities for 1:1 and small group instruction
- A highly structured classroom with clear expectations
- Opportunities to practice skills in a variety of school and academic settings
- Access to advanced educational technology
- Integration of PA Academics, as well as functional life skills and adapted behavioral skills
This programming is further enhanced by our participation in MOVE International. As a certified MOVE™ Model Site
, we seek to enhance the quality of life and self-sufficiency of individuals with multiple disabilities by addressing holistic areas of skill development. This program, overseen by our internal MOVE coach, focuses on using daily routines and classroom instruction to provide opportunities for students to improve motor skills such as sitting, standing, transitioning, and walking.