Our Licensed Private Academic School autism support classrooms serve students with autism requiring support as per the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5), commonly referred to as high-functioning autism.
Our autism classrooms support the academic, communication, and social-emotional growth of students, including those that require additional behavior support in order to benefit from their educational programs, which provide and focus on the following:
- 8 students per classroom
- Classrooms staffed by a Certified Special Education Teacher and highly qualified Behavior and Instruction Technician (paraprofessional)
- Related services and therapy provided per IEP
- Strong focus on social skills
- Skills streaming curriculum
- Daily social skills instruction provided by the classroom teacher
- Weekly social skills groups facilitated by school psychologist
We utilize a blended learning model which includes one-on-one instruction with the teacher, peer groups, teacher-led group lessons, or independent study time. Additionally, we have a center-based program to support 45-day placements of students with Level 1 autism focusing on behavior, social-emotional, and academic skills.