Community Service Groups
Community Service Group Activities
- karaoke *
- movie night *
- provide all of the materials needed for the activity (excluding select audio and video equipment)
- arrive at least 15 minutes before the start of the activity to set up and receive any special information or instructions about the patients they will be working with that night
Our Developmental Play and Activities Program staff will:
- assist in helping to find the most appropriate activity for our current inpatient population
- advertise your event to our patients and families and work with staff to get them to the event
- provide a room, tables and chairs
Important Things to Know
- Many of our patients have issues related to food, so we ask there be no food or beverage items brought to the activity. This includes foods that are sometimes used in crafts like macaroni and rice.
- Unless it’s movie night, activities are never longer than one hour.
- The maximum number of community service group volunteers for one evening is 12. Depending on the type of event, exceptions may be made as determined by the Developmental Play and Activities staff.
- Community Service Group activity nights need to be scheduled at least one month in advance.