Act 48 Teacher In-Service Program
An Interactive Workshop to Facilitate Inclusion in the Classroom
Each program provides participants with:
- Accurate information about various disabilities.
- Hands-on learning experiences to share with students.
- Modifications to consider for students with disabilities
- Supplemental activities that foster inclusion
- An opportunity to share personal experiences and insights
- Additional information on preferred terminology, proper etiquette, confidentiality concerns, and more
Information is presented in either a two- or four-hour program through lecture, simulation exercises, real life stories, and interviews with students who have disabilities.
The fee for a two-hour workshop is $225 plus mileage; the four-hour workshop is $325. This fee is used to maintain the quality of the program; no profit is made for The Children’s Institute.
For more information or to schedule a presentation, call 412.420.2344.
“As a result of their meaningful simulations and activities, a greater awareness and sensitivity has been observed by all. We highly recommend their program for all teachers.”
--South Side Area School District
“Outstanding program! Fantastic presentation! Very appropriate for staff.”
--Conemaugh Valley School District