Closings, Delays and Emergency Information
Closings and Delays
- Information on closings for weather or other problems will be broadcast on local television and radio stations (KDKA, WPXI, WTAE).
- If your child usually rides a bus from your local school district, listen for announcement of cancellations or delays from that district as well as information regarding The Day School at The Children’s Institute.
- If an early dismissal is necessary or called for by your school district, we will make every effort to contact you or the emergency number on file so you can arrange for someone to be home when your child arrives.
- If we are unable to contact you or an emergency number, we will follow the instructions of your school district regarding the early dismissal.
- Generally, when bad weather threatens, it is a good idea to follow the weather reports and make sure that you are reachable should we need to notify you regarding an early dismissal.
- We require emergency information from parents ath the start of each school year.
- Like most schools, for the safety of our students, we ask that families notify us immediately of any changes in address and/or home and phone numbers.
Return to Top of Page