The goal of our pediatric rehabilitation nursing staff at The Hospital at The Children's Institute is to improve the quality of life of the children, adolescents and young adults by providing a range of nursing care. Emotional support, family training and education are critical to this care.
Our nursing staff understands that a major interruption in the child's life can affect developmental progress. We encourage family involvement as a key component in a young person's development.
In conjunction with the other members of our rehabilitation team, our pediatric rehabilitation nursing staff strives to:
- stabilize the primary problem(s)
- prevent secondary complications
- work with other team members to set realistic goals
- emphasize functional independence
- carry out physician orders
- work with the family to promote understanding and support
- Our nursing department employs registered nurses, licensed practical nurses and health care workers/nursing assistants. Several staff members are certified rehabilitation nurses.