Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday:
8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Thursday: 11:00 am - 7:00 pm
- 2nd floor adjacent to the Cafeteria.
- An open reading and study area is located immediately outside the library doors with comfortable chairs and free reading materials.
- Children’s books, tapes and interactive activities are available for loan to families and siblings.
- Services are available for staff, families and the community.
- Document delivery through membership in DOCLINE®, the National Library of Medicine's automated interlibrary loan (ILL) request routing and referral system
- On-site access via EBSCO to CINAHL Plus, Health and Psychosocial Instruments (HaPI) and Rehabilitation & Sports Medicine Source which offer full text coverage, indexing and searchable cited references from the fields of nursing, rehabilitation and sports medicine, behavioral measurement instruments and allied health.
- Onsite access to UpToDate which provides clinical references, evidence-based recommendations and treatment options.
- Free access to MEDLINE via PubMed NLM's database which allows searching of citations and abstracts in the fields of medicine, nursing, dentistry, and veterinary medicine.
- Free access to additional databases including ERIC (Education Resources Information Center) and LISTA (Library, Information Science & Technology Abstracts)
- Customized training on effective internet searching, resource evaluation and information retrieval
- Manages all book purchases, processing and maintenance as well as journal subscriptions and multimedia materials
- Provides easy book returns using our book drop; postage paid return envelopes are also available upon request
- Sponsors on-site book discussion clubs
- Supports a circulating teen book cart lending young adult fiction, short stories, puzzle books and magazines.
- Accepts book and magazine donations. Call the library for more information, 412.420.2247.
- Offers internship and volunteer opportunities to students and community members
- The Children’s Institute collection
- ACCESS PA (Pennsylvania statewide library database system) holdings
- American Academy of Pediatrics Guidelines
- Clinical Trials.gov
- Drug Information
- Household Products Safety Information
Karen Liljequist, Medical Librarian
- We provide authoritative and current quality healthcare information to physicians, staff, families and the community.
- We support patient education initiatives and clinical research efforts.
- We own over 2,200 medical and clinical books and 70 active journal subscriptions which cover topics in pediatrics, nursing, rehabilitation, occupational and allied health issues and psychology.
- We lend a variety of large print and popular reading materials to adults, teens and children.
- Our professional collection includes management, human resources, personal development and lifestyle resources.
- Our expanded multimedia collection includes over 100 DVDs, VHS tapes, CD-ROMs and cassette recordings which cover parenting issues, pediatric disorders, relaxation tools and clinical practices.
- We supply consumer education pamphlets and patient education handouts.
- Our renovated library offers private patron workstations with Internet accessible computers and an internet port for personal laptop use
- A TV with headset is available for viewing educational multimedia materials.