Pediatric Physical Therapy
A dynamic team, committed to the highest
quality of care.
Our pediatric physical therapists are highly engaged, on the forefront of the latest techniques and treatments, and completely passionate about what they do. With a goal of providing the most comprehensive care possible, our physical therapists use a number of treatments and advances on both an inpatient and outpatient basis.
Our care is about the patient. And the family.
At The Children’s Institute, we provide therapeutic and rehabilitative care that is personalized and family-centered. Because we know that the key to long-term success is family participation and understanding, we focus on the needs of the patients and their caregivers. We incorporate families into our therapy sessions, promoting understanding, a sense of collaboration, and confidence. In our experience, this approach is key to our patients reaching their maximum potential and living the most fulfilling lives possible.
Specialized services and programs designed to provide the best possible care.
Our physical therapists are able to:
- Simplify motor activities to improve motor learning and coordination of movements
- Implement intensive strengthening and conditioning programs
- Track improvement as compared with peers and those with similar diagnoses
- Implement neuromuscular education
- Address peer-related activities like bike riding and playground skills
- Use NMES and de-weighting technologies for gait training
- Evaluate equipment needs
The Children’s Institute offers the very latest treatments and equipment including:
- Activity-based treatment strategies
- Assistive technology
- Aquatic therapy
- Intensity Program
- Locomotor training
- Orthotic and splinting
- Play/movement activities
- Therapeutic exercise
- Treatment modalities
Download printable information here: