To best meet the needs of media outlets as well as those we serve, the Institutional Advancement Department at The Children's Institute of Pittsburgh has established the following media policies:
- All media representatives should contact vice president of Institutional Advancement, Helene Conway-Long at 412.420.2201 for information regarding The Children’s Institute of Pittsburgh and its patients/students and staff. Interviews, photographs and videos must be coordinated through the Institutional Advancement Department. Advance notice is required.
- The patients/students and families of The Children’s Institute are the primary responsibility of the organization. To protect their privacy and legal rights, and to ensure appropriate sensitivity for those we care for, a member of the Institutional Advancement staff or a designee must accompany all reporters, photographers and film crews while on The Children’s Institute’s property. Administrators of The Children’s Institute have the right to remove unauthorized guests from the property.
- Patients/students and family members who agree to be interviewed, photographed or filmed must provide prior written consent.
- The Children’s Institute abides by all HIPAA regulations. Staff of The Children’s Institute will release only appropriate information.
- Privacy is a top priority at The Children’s Institute. As such, it is our policy to not comment on the specific treatment or care of any of our patients, students or families.
- The Children’s Institute does not comment on legal cases.