The Children’s Institute welcomes the opportunity to consider in-kind gifts of toys, games, activity supplies, equipment and other tangible items. In-kind donations often directly benefit children with special needs and their families – and make a real difference in the lives of our amazing kids.
Restrictions and Special Notes
- Due to infection control and allergies, we CANNOT accept used stuffed toys of any kind. This includes stuffed animals that have not been played with but have been on display or shelves in a home (example: Beanie Baby collections)
- We CAN accept newly purchased stuffed animals with tags still attached
- Please do not include food items (snacks/candy) in activity bags or patient gifts
- We are unable to use VHS tapes
- We need to see all items before they are distributed, so please do not wrap gifts for children
- Make sure you check all hand sewn items to remove any needles or pins you may have used during construction
- We cannot accept donations of toys with weapons or violent themes such as guns, knives, swords, or other projectiles
Let Us do the Shopping
If you would like us to do the shopping and purchase items from the Wish List, you may make an online donation.
To make an in-kind gift, please contact Lauren Vermilion at 412.420.2204 or firstname.lastname@example.org.