Monday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday: 9:30 am - 2:00 pm
Tuesday: 2:30 pm - 7:00 pm
2nd floor adjacent to the Cafeteria.
- An open reading and study area is located immediately outside the library doors with comfortable chairs and free reading materials.
- Children’s books, tapes and interactive activities are available for loan to families and siblings.
About the Library
We provide authoritative and current quality healthcare information to physicians, staff, families and the community.
- We support patient education initiatives and clinical research efforts.
- We own over 2,200 medical and clinical books and 70 active journal subscriptions which cover topics in pediatrics, nursing, rehabilitation, occupational and allied health issues and psychology.
- We lend a variety of large print and popular reading materials to adults, teens and children.
- Our professional collection includes management, human resource, personal development and lifestyle resources.
- Our expanded multimedia collection includes over 100 DVDs, VHS tapes, CD-ROMs and cassette recordings which cover parenting issues, pediatric disorders, relaxation tools and clinical practices.
- We supply consumer education pamphlets and patient education handouts.
- Our renovated library offers private patron workstations with Internet accessible computers and an internet port for personal laptop use.
- A TV with headset is available for viewing educational multimedia materials.
These services are available for staff, families and the community.
- Document delivery through membership in DOCLINE®, the National Library of Medicine's automated interlibrary loan (ILL) request routing and referral system
- Interlibrary loan and additional resource sharing available via AccessPA, the largest combined statewide library
- On-site access via EBSCO to CINAHL Plus, Health and Psychosocial Instruments (HaPI) and Rehabilitation & Sports Medicine Source, which offer full text coverage, indexing and searchable cited references from the fields of nursing, rehabilitation and sports medicine, behavioral measurement instruments and allied health
- On-site access to UpToDate, which provides clinical references, evidence-based recommendations and treatment options
- Free access to MEDLINE via PubMed NLM's database, which allows searching of citations and abstracts in the fields of medicine, nursing, dentistry and veterinary medicine
- Free access to additional databases including ERIC (Education Resources Information Center) and LISTA (Library, Information Science & Technology Abstracts)
- Customized training on effective internet searching, resource evaluation and information retrieval as well as reference management and social media tools
For more information about our Library Services, please call 412-420-2247